Thursday, January 15, 2009

December 2008

I was told Paris is the most romantic city. Su Jin and I visited Paris during our winter break despite the schedule for exams in January 2009.

Paris is a beautiful city. We visited most of the major attractions. I finally get to see Leornado da Vinci's Mona Lisa and a great deal of art work in the Louvre. Monet's paintings are one of the reason I insisted on going to Louvre. Musee d'Orsay is great too. We spent almost the whole day browsing through heaps of paintings and artwork.

On the recommendation of a friend (Deborah Hii) we also went to Laduree to afternoon tea. The strawberry tart I tried out was fabulous!! But it costed me Euro8. (Ka ching!) The Marie Antoin tea I ordered was lovely too. And yes, it's expensive too - Euro 6.80!

If you never went to Eiffel Tower, you can't say you had been to Paris. I was told of that, so how could I missed that out? Su Jin and I stood under Eiffel Tower and didn't find it very impressive. We went back the second morning. Hmm! Yea, we prefer the morning view than the night view.

L'Arc de Triomphe, Montmarte, Notre-Dame are just a few of the other destinations we visited. I thank God for the opportunity to step onto Paris, France.





The only downside of the trip - I catch a cold the night I arrived in Paris.

1 comment:

Alex said...

wow...i love Paris :)
wait for me, Paris!!!